Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Spring 2020 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish and currently hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

TBR planning is both a wonderful thing and a horrible thing for me. Wonderful because who doesn't like picking out new books to read? Horrible because I have to pick some books over other books, and that makes me sad.

Regardless, TBR planning is something I've been trying to be more purposeful about, so this Top Ten Tuesday is absolutely perfect for me. :)

Photo by Aung Soe Min on Unsplash


So, some books that are lined up on my TBR for this spring? Let's get into it:



1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

I want to read this book just to have an opinion on it. :) It's a series that everyone seems to have an opinion on, one way or another, and I'd like to see what I think of it myself.

2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I want to read this for various reasons. Mostly because I've heard the writing is phenomenal, and I adore good writing in the books I read. Also, magical circus? Yes, please.

3. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

I'm reading this book kind of as an assignment from my Mom. Apparently even when you graduate from homeschool, you can still get assignments from your teacher! :P This is a very controversial book, so I'm interested to see what my opinions on it are. And so is my Mom. :D




4. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

I want to read this because... reasons. It just looks like my kind of book.

5. Jackaby by William Ritter 

I get serious Doctor Who vibes from reading the back of this book, so of course I want to read it! Anything to get the bad taste of "The Timeless Children" out of my mouth.

6. The Archived by Victoria Schwab

Do I even need to explain why I want to read this one? It's by Victoria Schwab. Of course it's on my TBR.




7. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

So this is... not my usual genre. But who cares? It looks like a fun story, and I got it brand new at Chapters for incredibly cheap, so bonus points for that!

8. Starsight by Brandon Sanderson

It has become my mission to read every book Brandon Sanderson has ever written. So of course I have to read this one.

9. The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young

Norse. Inspired. Fantasy. I love it already.




10. There Will Come a Darkness by Katy Rose Pool

It was the cover + the book trailer that sold this book to me. I want to read so bad. End of the world stakes, an epic title, six people standing against the forces of evil... give it to me now. After I finish the three books I'm already reading.

11. Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

Please refer to point number 8 in case you're wondering why I want to read this book. Also, Cosmere.

12. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodie Meadows, and Brodi Ashton

It just looks so funny. And I need more funny books in my life, as so many I've read recently have ended in (happy, but also sad) tears.


Will I read more than just that in the spring? Probably. Hopefully. But these are the books I'm for sure going to try to get to, so there's that. Bookworms, let me know what books you have planned to read this spring! And if you don't do TBRs (I get it, I really do), what's a book you're looking forward to reading soon?

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't take TBR planning very seriously. If I see a book that sounds good, I throw it on my digital TBR. If I never get to it, oh well, but at least I know the book's on my list so I won't forget about it.

    Enjoy all your picks. Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much the same, honestly. TBR planning is only something I really became aware of /after/ I started blogging. :P

      Thanks for stopping by, Susan!

      Delete
  2. I hope you like Thirteen Reasons Why! Have you (or will you) watch the Netflix series based on it, too?

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do, too, Lydia! I haven't seen the series (I tend to be one of those "read the book first" type of people) but if I like the book, I'll definitely consider watching the show as well!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It looks like my kind of book. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. I loved Throne of Glass and An Ember in the Ashes! I hope you enjoy them too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really hope I do. I'm always on the lookout for new favorites. :)

      Delete

Popular on This Blog