Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: YA Titles That Would Make Great Band Names

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme originally created by The Broke and The Bookish and currently run by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Hi all, it's Tuesday again! I'm so excited to be able to say that this post is the 100th post published on Rambles from My Library! I'm thrilled that this blog has come so far since its beginnings, and I'm looking forward to its continued growth in the next few months. :)

This week's prompt is "book titles that would make great band names." I'm excited to share my selections with you all! I've linked my reviews to any of the books that I've read, so you can check those out if any of the books seem interesting! I'll also link each book to Goodreads so you can read more about them, so I won't spend too much time talking about each one.



Without further ado, let's get into the list!

1. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater


Goodreads | My Review

Honestly, when I sat down to come up with titles for this prompt, this one was the first. I mean, just think about it: it's a perfect band name.







2. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton


Goodreads | My Review

I love this book so much, and I can definitely see why it's become such a classic YA novel. The characters are amazing. And it also has a great title. Win-win all around. 





3. Renegades by Marissa Meyer


Goodreads | My Review

Hey, it works, right? I could see this title being a band name super easily. 






4. The Diviners by Libba Bray


Goodreads

This is a book that I really want to read, but I'm also a wimp when it comes to scary stuff in books, so I'm getting my brother to read it first. XD 





5. Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool


Goodreads

This book's title sounds like one of those instrumental bands that have really nice, calming music. 
This is also on my TBR, and I'm excited to get around to it!





6. Firefight by Brandon Sanderson


Goodreads | My Review

Yeah, I'm sort of cheating on this one. Because, you know, Firefight is an actual band name. Already. (No, I haven't listened to any of their music. I just know they're a band. XD)
But hey, if it's already a band name, of course this title would make a good one!




7. Heist Society by Ally Carter


Goodreads

I picked this book up on a whim and still haven't gotten around to reading it, but you have to admit, the title does sound a lot like a band name, doesn't it?






8. Paper Towns by John Green


Goodreads

The only reason I own this book is because I found it for super cheap, and now I'm obligated to read it. :P
The title has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?





9. Sweep by Jonathan Auxier


Goodreads

My brother pointed out that a band name like Sweep would fit perfectly with some 1980's band names, so here you go. 
Plus, it's an amazing book and I just want more people to read it, okay?





10. All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater 


Goodreads | My Review

Yes, I know I have two Stiefvater books on this list. Sorry not sorry. It's not my fault her books have such great titles!
Also, this book is criminally underrated and needs more love, so if you haven't read it, please go check it out!





Alright, bookworms, now it's your turn! Have you read any of the books on this list, and what did you think of them? (No spoilers, please!) Are there any YA titles you think would make good band names? Let me know in the comments! I'm excited to hear your thoughts. 





14 comments:

  1. The Outsiders is a great choice.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  2. All The Crooked Saints would make a great band name!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH this was a cool post idea!!! I think Firefight would make an epic band name-and I LOVE that book. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I had fun with it. XD Wouldn't it, though? And the book is great, too. :)

      Delete
  4. All the Crooked Saints is a great pick! That's the first time I've seen it today, and I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deanna! I love the way the title sounds, so of course I had to include it. :D

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your 100th post! That's an awesome milestone. And great selections for band names as well.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Outsiders seems to be a popular for a band name!
    I had a lot of fun with this week's prompt. Here's my post for Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Popular on This Blog