Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Signs That You Might be More Obsessed With Books Than You Think

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme originally created by The Broke and The Bookish and currently run by That Artsy Reader Girl.

It's Tuesday again! Wow, that week passed quickly. It's been a little bit crazy the last little bit, what with everything that's been going on. But I've finally started to settle down into a new kind of routine, which is nice. Normalcy is nice.

Onto this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic! Today, the prompt is ten signs that you're a book lover. I had a lot of fun coming up with my answers for this prompt (I got to use the beautiful gift of humor. Though I may or may not be that funny.)


Sign #1 - You spend good portions of your weekends reorganizing your bookshelf.

Yeah, totally not guilty of this one. But seriously, have you seen all the incredible ways you can organize your books?! If only I had more shelf space.

Sign #2 - If you accidentally tear a page in your book, your heart does a mini freak out. 

Please. Tell me I'm not the only one. 

Sign #3 - You use anything and everything at hand that might work as a bookmark. 

Sticky note? Sure. Receipt? Go for it. Pen? Oh yeah.
Because heaven forbid you have to search around for an actual bookmark. 

Sign #4 - Your current read distracts you from other tasks (oh look at that, you burned the spaghetti sauce. Again.)

Raise your hand if you've ever done this. *silently raises both hands* I'm notorious in my household for the fact that I cannot keep track of things that are cooking. It usually has something to do with books. Or, you know, Pinterest. 

Sign #5 - You watch far too much Booktube

I got sucked into the wonderful realm of Booktube a few months ago. And I'm well and truly addicted. It makes me kind of want to start my own Booktube channel even though I know I don't have time for that. *sigh*

Sign #6 - You spend an inordinate amount of time looking for books to add to your already overwhelming TBR. 

Because you can never have too many books to read. Right? Right? *glances at overflowing Goodreads TBR* 

Sign #7 - You read multiple books at the same time. 

This is a given. Who reads just one book at a time? Why not two or three or four or ten?

Sign #8 - Going to the bookstore is your idea of a great outing.

My mom took me book shopping for my nineteenth birthday, and you can bet I loved it! Used bookstores are amazing, magical places. <3

Sign #9 - You love the smell of books

I love the smell of new books. That's why I love Chapters so much. There's a coffee shop in my local Chapters store, and the smell of coffee combined with the smell of books is heavenly.

Sign #10 - 90% of your conversations revolve around books

Tell me I'm not the weirdest, geekiest young adult who's ever existed.


That about wraps it up! Can you relate to any of this? What are some nerdy bookworm things you do? Let me know in the comments!

Also, if you liked this post, be sure to subscribe by email to get updates on my latest blog posts, or follow me on Bloglovin'

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

14 comments:

  1. Honestly, receipts make great bookmarks.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything works when you're short on bookmarks, right? :D

      Delete
  2. ALL OF THESE ARE SO RELATABLE OMW. X"D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love #8. My daughter and I have done this multiple times for her birthday. I'm always excited when she requests a trip to the bookstore instead of the mall!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome, Susan! Bookstores are an amazing place to spend your birthday. :)

      Delete
  4. I relate to ALL of these! Especially the one about reorganizing your bookshelves. I do that, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reorganizing is so fun! :)
      Thanks for stopping by, Lark!

      Delete
  5. You are for sure not the only one who freaks out a little if you tear a book. I do that, too! I actually left a book on the table for a pee break and my dog chewed the corner off and I mourned the poor book for a week (even though it was completely readable).

    Oh my gosh, this list is just so true, it hurts. xD I've used bills as bookmarks before ... and then couldn't find the stupid bill when it was time to pay it. I, too, have burned more than my fair share of sauces lol.

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, that poor book!

      Oh my goodness, I guess there is a downside to using anything that's available as a bookmark. :P
      Thanks for the comment, Sammie!

      Delete
  6. I can relate to just about every single one!! #2 is way too painful, I have to say

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not alone! XD It really is, isn't it? *shudders*

      Delete
  7. A lot of these did actually make me laugh, so mission accomplished! Especially #6, because I am the kind of person who will abruptly decide, "I wanna read a book with this exact character dynamic," and then spend the next 3 hours on a feverish Google safari looking for prospective candidates. Some people would put that energy into WRITING such stories, but I could not be that sensible.

    And while I can't say #4 applies to me, I did heartily crack up at your anecdote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relateable! The amount of time I spend searching for new books when I should just be reading the ones I already own... XD

      Ah, well, I would not wish #4 upon anyone. :P May your spaghetti sauce remain unburned.

      Delete

Popular on This Blog