Saturday, December 7, 2019

Most Anticipated Reads of 2020

Quick disclaimer thingy: not all of the books I'm talking about here are set to be published in 2020. They're just books that I haven't read yet, that I'm super excited to read, and that I probably won't get to this year (because life and Words of Radiance happens.)

So, with that out of the way, here are my top ten most anticipated reads for 2020!



1. Oathbringer and The Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson

Starting off with the next two books in The Stormlight Archive series, because am I excited for these! Oathbringer released in 2017, and in 2020 The Rhythm of War will be published. This series is the best epic fantasy series I've ever read, better than The Lord of the Rings, in my honest opinion. I'm currently halfway through book 2, and I already love the characters and the world and the story so, so much. I'm definitely looking forward to reading these two in 2020. 








2. Unravel the Dusk by Elizabeth Lim


I enjoyed Spin the Dawn a lot, and now that Unravel the Dusk is set to be released, I'm so ready for it! The ending of book one makes me excited to see where the plot will go from here. And have you seen that cover?! I know the saying that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but when a book is this pretty? No way I'm not getting it for my collection. :)














3. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater


I know I'm really late to be jumping into this series, since most everyone who reads YA has read these, but... I'm going to read it now, okay? I'm waiting until I finish up with the series I'm currently working on (Mistborn Era 1) before I jump into any new series commitments. But my brother tells me that he's loving book one already, and so I'm really excited to see what I think of it!












4. Vicious and A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab


I loved The Monsters of Verity duology by Victoria (V.E.) Schwab, and now I'm going to try jumping in to her adult fiction! Both Vicious and A Darker Shade of Magic are on my tbr, but since my brother actually owns A Darker Shade of Magic... I might be reading that one first. But we'll see. Christmas is coming. *wink*








5. The Screaming Staircase by Johnathan Stroud


This book just looks super quirky and creepy all at once, and that seems right up my alley. I'm a Whovian at heart, so anything that seems even remotely Dr. Who-esque immediately gets shoved onto my tbr. Along the same note, I'm also excited to read Jackaby by William Ritter. Both of these are series, sadly, so both are waiting until next year when I have less series on my plate. :P









6. There Will Come a Darkness by Katy Rose Pool


So I was in Chapters the other day... and I saw this book... and I picked it up and kinda sorta bought it. It was a super spur of the moment purchase, even though I have read a little bit about it on Goodreads, I usually do a lot more research before committing to a book (especially a brand new hardcover!) But hey, maybe this will turn out to be a new favorite! Needless to say, I'm excited to see what I think about this book. 








7. Mistborn Era 2 by Brandon Sanderson

I'm really hoping to finish Mistborn Era 1 by the end of December. We'll see how that turns out. Regardless... I'm excited to read the second Mistborn series as well! This one is set centuries in the future of Mistborn Era 1, and it looks very cool! Plus, it's a Brandon Sanderson series, so I'm like 99.99% sure it's going to be amazing. :D









9. The Girl the Sea Gave Back by Adrienne Young


Another spur-of-the-moment purchase in Chapters (I really need to stop going to stores that are rapidly leaching all of my paycheck. Maybe?) Anyway, this book looks amazing. It's kind of a Norse inspired fantasy by the looks of it, though I know next to nothing apart from that. (I haven't even read the jacket description. Talk about going in blind.) But I'm excited to read it, and I hope it's as great as it looks!








10. Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer


And last, but not least, a contemporary YA that I'm interested in reading! (To offset all of the many fantasy books on this list). Letters to the Lost looks like it's going to be a hard-hitting and emotional read, and that's exactly what I like in contemporary fiction (fluffy, romance-only books very rarely sit well with me.) On the same note, I'm finally giving The Fault in Our Stars a read next year! (I know, how have I not read this yet? I'm fixing the problem as soon as possible, okay? Okay.) (See what I did there?)





And there you have it, my top ten (maybe slightly more than ten) books I'm excited to read next year! There are probably way more books that I forgot to add to this list, but I also don't want to make it so long that it gets boring to read about (if it hasn't already, man I tend to ramble.) 
Anyway, let me know your thoughts in the comments! Have you read any of the books I mentioned here, and what did you think of them? What books are you excited to read in 2020? Are any of them new releases? I'm excited to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular on This Blog