Thursday, March 12, 2020

Books That are 200% Worth the Hype

I love hype. Hype is amazing. I love it when people get so crazily excited about a book or movie or TV show that they just can't keep it to themselves. I love it when someone finds something they love and hype it up because they love it so much. It's incredible.

But you guys all know that sometimes the hype can be misleading. Some books are waaayyy overhyped. That doesn't make them bad books, but it can be disappointing when you were expecting something awesome and got something "okay" instead.

That being said, here I am, hyping up books. Specifically, I'm hyping up books that have already been hyped significantly, but that I believe are worth the hype. Take my opinions with a pinch of salt, obviously. I don't want to be the one to overhype a book for you. :P



1. Skyward by Brandon Sanderson

I see this book hyped up a lot, which is both a happy and sad thing for me. Happy, because yes, this book is amazing and totally deserves ALL THE HYPE. And sad, because even though it's a great book, The Stormlight Archive and Mistborn aren't nearly as hyped, even though (in my opinion) they're both even better.
That said, Skyward is a fantastic book, with some truly epic characters, friendships, and themes.







2. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater


Man, does this series get hyped! It seems like hardly anyone has negative opinions about it, and now that I've (finally) read it, I understand why. This series has a beautiful writing style, compelling characters, and an intricate storyline that grabs you from page one and doesn't let you go until the end. I highly recommend this series.








3. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

The Book Thief is a beautiful, heartwrenching story that deserves all the praise and hype it's ever received. This is one of my all-time favorite books, and for good reason!
With a beautiful writing style and fully realized characters, this novel stands out from many other historical fiction novels set during World War 2.









4. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling


Yeah, some people say that Harry Potter doesn't deserve the hype. I'm obviously not one of those people, but I do recognize that this series has its flaws (as do all.) However, this series is still a wonderful, magical story that I feel everyone should read at least once in their life. Trust me on this one.








I'm almost positive I missed a few books that should be on this list, but for now, I'm going to leave you with these. Just know that there may be a part two to this post in the future. :P
Bookworms, tell me your opinions! What are some books that you think are worth the hype? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular on This Blog