Saturday, October 19, 2019

Best Books for Fall

Autumn is the time for pumpkin pie and hot apple cider, frosty mornings and fluffy blankets, mugs of cocoa, and cozying up in a corner with a good book. You know, not just any book. The kind of book that you can fall into (see what I did there?) and stay there for hours, immersed in the story. You know, those stories.
They're not easy to come by, but they are there. (I managed to pick out four, but I'm sure there are many more I haven't discovered yet!) So, without further ado, here's my list of recommended fall reads. Enjoy!


Photo by Jessica Fadel on Unsplash

1. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (My Review)


© 2019 by Rambles from My Library

This book is a great fall read, with just the right amount of atmosphere and creepiness, combined with excellent character development and a riveting plot.

Three reasons to read it:
- Amazing characters
- An immersive, beautiful writing style
- Monsters and general creepy coolness


2. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (Review forthcoming!)




This book is one of my most recent reads, and let me tell you: it's incredible. If ever there was a book that felt like November, it's The Scorpio Races. Prepare to be blown away. 

Three reasons to read it:
- Beautiful writing and descriptions
- Well-developed, likeable characters
- Water horses 

3. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling


© 2019 by Rambles from My Library

You guys know I love Harry Potter, and no list of autumny books would be complete without it.

Three reasons to read it:
- Fun, likeable characters
- An engaging, magical story
- It's HARRY POTTER

4. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (My Review)




A beautifully written, hauntingly sad and achingly beautiful story about love, loss, and hope.

Three reasons to read it:
- Beautiful, haunting writing style
- Realistic depictions of loss and grief
- Wonderful, human characters

And that's all for my current recommended fall reads!
Have you read any of the four books on this list? Are there any books you would have added to it? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular on This Blog