Saturday, October 5, 2019

My September Book Haul!

I try so hard to save money, but when it comes to books, budgeting hurts. Fortunately, second-hand bookstores are a thing. And where I'm from, we have a fantastic one.

So I managed to buy a whole new haul of books to read before I've even finished reading the books from last time. Go me.

Anyway. I'm here to talk about books, so let's get to it!

© 2019 by Rambles From My Library

I picked up several books that I've heard were amazing, as well as some old (and new!) favorites.
And if anyone's curious, here's the list of all the books in this photo and why I picked them up!

A Study in Charlotte - I really want to read more mystery books, and a modern retelling of Sherlock Holmes (with a female Sherlock!) seems right up my alley.

Six of Crows - Literally everyone I've talked to about this duology raves about how amazing it is, so of course, when I saw it, I had to grab it and see for myself what all the hype's about.

Between Shades of Grey - This is a YA historical fiction, and I'm super excited to read it, as I really love historical fiction, but there doesn't seem to be very much in the teen fiction spectrum (most of it is speculative historical if there is any.)

Moon Over Manifest - This was a spur of the moment purchase for me, but I've heard that Vanderpool's writing is incredible, and plus, this book is an award winner. Here's hoping it lives up to my expectations.

A Northern Light - Another spur of the moment purchase, this one is also an award winner. It also seems to be a historical mystery novel, which I think sounds incredible.

Jackaby - This book looks... interesting. I really have no better way to say it. I believe it's been compared to a mixture of Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Who, which, I mean? What's not to like? It looks kind of quirky and dark at the same time, so I'm looking forward to seeing how I like it. (It's also a series, so... even better if I like this one.)

Everything, Everything - As some of you may know, I acquired Nicola Yoon's other novel, The Sun is Also a Star, in my last book haul, and really enjoyed it. So when I saw this one (in hardcover, no less) I had to pick it up.

Thirteen Reasons Why - This book is super controversial, and has been on the banned books list numerous times. I've always been hesitant to pick it up due to the controversy surrounding it, but now I've been "assigned" to read it and talk about my opinions on here. (Even after graduation, the homeschooler still gets assignments!) And now I'm interested to see what my opinions on this book will be.

The Night Gardener - If this book is anything like Johnathan Auxier's other novels, it will be amazing. I really love his writing style, so of course I'm excited to read this one.

The Fault in Our Stars - I know, I know, why have I not picked this up yet? I'm sorry. The Fault in Our Stars is probably one of the most famous YA novels of all time, so I feel it's about time I found out why. (Though I already know the ending... thanks, Pinterest.)

Scarlet and Winter - Obviously, I'm completing my Lunar Chronicles collection. I now have the full original series (which doesn't include Fairest or Stars Above.)

Our Dark Duet - I borrowed this on Overdrive, but I love, love, love, love this duology so much, so of course I had to buy my own copy.

And that about wraps it up! Have you read any of the books on this list? What did you think of them? Let me know in the comments! (No spoilers, though!) 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, I would love to hear your thoughts on A Study in Charlotte! I want to read that one really bad. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like such an interesting story, doesn't it? I hope it lives up to my expectations. XD

      Delete

Popular on This Blog